Lately, I have noticed more and more people on the river in tubes. Tubing can be a great way to relax as one floats down the river. Tubing can be a novel way to experience the river. But tubing can also be dangerous.
- Please inform others of your plans to go tubing. Where you are going and how long you expect to be gone.
- Take a cell phone. There are small plastic water tight containers just for cell phones.
- Check the weather before going. Storms can come up quickly.
- Familiarize yourself with the area of the river that you will be tubing on.
- Wear a life vest and sunscreen.
- Stay in the tube.
- Try to have as little impact as possible on the natural area you are in and don't leave trash behind.
- Most of the land you are floating by is private property. You need permission to go on it.